.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Am I The Only One?

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Music of the Moment

I haven't done a "music of the moment" post for over a year, and a lot has changed in the world of rock. While I still think that The Dillinger Escape Plan is continuing to forge into new territory on the hardcore front, I think the best pure rock group on either side of the pond right now is England's Muse.



For a trio, these guys create an incredible wall of sound -- but that isn't what makes them great. It's the songwriting that will leave you wanting to hear every single song they've ever recorded.

One caution, however: rumour has it that their new album has taken an "art pop" twist, a la Radiohead and U2. Fingers crossed that it's not true!

EDIT 6/24: I should probably give props also to Canada's Broken Social Scene, another troupe with a nifty sound and a solid live act:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home